Here are some differences .....
1. When it is morning in Ireland it is night in Australia. Ireland is in the northern hemisphere. Australia is in the southern hemisphere.
2. In Australia it is hot and in Ireland it is cold.
3. Australia and Ireland are two different countries. Australia is a bigger country than Ireland.
We are from Ireland and Holly is from Australia. We have another boy in the class from Australia and his name is Tom.
Look at the map below to learn more about Australia ....
Let's talk about school ....
We are going to talk about school in Australia. Holly thinks school is very different here in Ireland than it was when she was in Australia.
1. You only get homework on Monday and you have the whole week to get it finished. In Ireland we get homework every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. We have to do it that night and bring it into teacher the next day.
2. In Australia we go to school when people in Ireland are asleep.
3. In Australia we go to school at 8.30am but in Ireland we go to school at 8.50am.
4. In Ireland we learn Irish but in Australia they only speak English.
If you know any other differences please let us know by posting a comment!